The Clever Rabbit and The Foolish Lion

Terro Lion was a very proud lion. He was a real terror in the jungle. He often just roared and killed animals, even if he was not very hungry.

The terrified animals of the jungle one day called for a meeting.

Clever Rabbit and Foolish Lion 1

We must put and end to this menace” Forro fox cried. “But how” wondered the other animals.

Lion is so big and strong, none of can even touch him. I guess we will have to just live with this, more likely die with this!

But Buns Rabbit was not the kind to give up. He thought of a plan.

Next day Merry Monkey went to the lion and told him, “My majestic lord! You are so mighty, you are lord of us all. But you know what, Buns Rabbit says he has seen someone even more powerful than you.”

Clever Rabbit and Foolish Lion 2

Lion on hearing this roared. He asked Merry to go and send Buns Rabbit to him.

The clever Buns came up to Lion. “Hey Buns, you puny fellow, what’s all this nonsense about a more powerful lion than me in the jungle!” roared Lion.

Clever Rabbit and Foolish Lion 3

Buns said, “My lord, you are indeed mighty. Forgive me, I am just telling what I saw. I saw a huge lion yesterday.”

Lion roared aloud, “Where is he? I will have him for breakfast today! There is no one more mighty than me. Take me to him.”

The clever Buns took Lion to a lake. He then pointed to the water in the lake and said, “My lord, I saw that huge lion cooling off in this lake.”

Clever Rabbit and Foolish Lion 4

Lion peeped into the water. He saw his own face in the water. He roared loudly. He saw his image in the water roaring back at him. He was so angry, that he forgot everything, even that he didn’t know how to swim..

“How dare you roar back at mighty me. I will finish you.” He cried and jumped right into the lake. Lion drowned. 

Clever Rabbit and Foolish Lion 5

Buns Rabbit happily took the news of Lion’s end to the other animals. There was joy in the jungle.

Moral: Intelligence wins over might.

0 comments

Post a Comment

 
Kids Page © 2013. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: All images are copyright to their respective owners.
Top